Cue ALL the hashtags, #OERxDomains, #OER21 and #Domains21.
It’ll be a lot of work to pull this together and I am thrilled that we have a whole team of Co-Chairs to make it happen: Heading up the Domains strand are Lauren (Brumfield) Hanks and Jim Groom and leading on the OER side are Lou Mycroft, Louise Drumm and Joe Wilson.
From a main stage which should host some of the most exciting voices in Open Education, to a whole range of fringe events and activities to connect, network and hangout with old and new friends… I think this is one of the most exciting things I am going to be working on in 2021.
Submit your ideas
The conference will put the spotlight on both the value and limitations of Open Education in a (post)pandemic world. We are particularly keen to hear from people who have an interest in the following indicative areas of practice:
- Theme 1: Openness, care, and joy in the times of pandemic;
- Theme 2: Open Education responses to surveillance technologies and data ownership in education;
- Theme 3: Open in Action: open teaching, educational practices and resources, how you might be using Domains and other tools;
- Theme 4: Shifts in agency and creativity as empowerment of learners and educators;
- Theme 5: Open Source Tools: infrastructure, cloud environments, targeted teaching tools.
Wildcard proposals that specifically address the conference themes in relation to open practice, research and policy are also welcome.
The Call for Proposals is now open https://go.alt.ac.uk/CfP21OERxDomains .
Deadline for submissions: 31 January 2021