For the coming weeks I am joining into a new initiative organised by Maha Bali, Catherine Cronin & Mia Zamora. Here is what it is all about, or read more at Equity Unbound:
Equity Unbound is an emergent, collaborative curriculum which aims to create equity-focused, open, connected, intercultural learning experiences across classes, countries and contexts. Equity Unbound was initiated by Maha Bali @bali_maha (American University in Cairo, Egypt), Catherine Cronin @catherinecronin (National University of Ireland, Galway), and Mia Zamora @MiaZamoraPhD (Kean University, NJ, USA) for use in their courses this term (September-December 2018), but it is open to all.
Equity Unbound is for learners and/or educators at all levels (e.g. undergraduate, postgraduate, professional development) who are interested in exploring digital literacies with an equity and intercultural learning focus, in an open and connected learning environment. Our motto is:
“The only way to make borders meaningless is to keep insisting on crossing them.” (Lina Mounzer)
Participants will collaborate in a series of open online activities including: collaborative annotation using open-source Hypothes.is, social network conversations and live studio visits, a Wikipedia edit-a-thon, blogging, collaborative multimedia making, and creating their own new learning activities (inspired by the DS106 assignment bank). Activities will seek to develop critical digital literacies and intercultural collaboration while encouraging questions of equity issues such as equity in web representation, digital colonialism, safety and security risks on the web, and how these differ across contexts.
To find out more:
- Check out our current activities on Twitter: @UnboundEq and/or #UnboundEq
- Click An overview (in menu bar above) to see the 6 Equity Unbound themes.
- Select an option in Weeks/Themes to see more details about the activities planned for each theme.
- Click All Unbound voices to see all blogs posts connected with #UnboundEq.
- Click Resources to see the growing list of resources we are using in Equity Unbound
- Click Participate (on the About menu) to contact us about participating, or to find out more.